GETTING into a fitness routine to contour your waist can be daunting at first. There could even be instances when you decide nothing works and would want to quit. However, with the right amount of energy and passion, you can get the desired body shape with yoga!
Using yoga for waist training is one of the best solutions out there, not only do you reduce your waistline, but also feel more relaxed. Strenuous training sessions at the gym can affect your mood and increase anxiety levels. However, yoga ensures that you get the best of both worlds.
Add any of these yoga postures to your yoga routine and soon you’ll see how your waist starts shaping to give you a great figure and lots of mindfulness at the same time.
Let’s get started!
This article will cover the following:
- 5 Yoga Poses to Sculpt Your Waist
- Boat Pose
- Star Planks
- Bird Dog Pose
- Warrior III
- Knee-To-Arm Plank
- Why Yoga
- About The Author
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest!
5 Yoga Poses to Sculpt Your Waist
1. Boat Pose
To effectively shape your waist, nothing comes close to the boat pose. It gives one of the best results in the shortest span of time. In a boat pose, your midsection is subject to great force while you lift your legs. The technique is easy to follow and only requires working out for a few minutes each day for rock solid abs.
Even if you cannot lift your legs entirely, the benefits of this pose are not diminished, which means you can still achieve results. Mastering the perfect posture might require a considerable amount of experience given the difficulty level, but with patience, you’ll get there.
2. Star Planks
Planks can help you get the much desirable hourglass body. Plus, they keep your waistline in control. Star Planks, however, require a certain level of mastery to balance your posture.
Once you get the balance figured out, the technique is easy to follow and puts your lower abs and obliques on fire. In a Star Plank, you follow the same posture for a side pose, but there are few extra movements to give your waist training an added edge. The benefit of a star plank is that you would notice your muscles burning the extra fat from the first workout. A few minutes of Star Planks a day can get your waistline back in shape sooner than you think.
3. Bird Dog Pose
For people looking for more serious workout sessions and quicker results, a sequence of Bird Dog will be of significant help. This strenuous pose would burn your abs and would blast the extra fat around your tummy.
The technique requires balancing on one hand and leg while stretching out the other leg and arm to increase pressure on your abdomen. Remember, the longer you can maintain the pose, the higher the benefits. Breathe normally to increase the time you can hold the pose.
4. Warrior III
The warrior pose is another yoga pose that delivers splendid results for your waist. One primary challenge in a Warrior III posture is that you balance your entire body on one leg while leaning forward with arms stretched straight and one leg stretched behind. The technique puts an increased burden on your muscles and promotes quick weight-loss. Mastering the technique will take some time, but it is worth trying it!
5. Knee-To-Arm Plank
Now, this may sound like a typical exercise that can be done easily. And while the pose seems easier compared to others, it puts a lot of strain on your abdominal region and helps you achieve your desired body shape. If you have a serious intention to cut off the extra fat and contour your waistline, then you need to add knee-to-arm planks to your workout routine.
When you are trying to switch from fitness routines to yoga, it could be challenging to add complex twisted yoga moves at first. This is because we want quick results and taking the easy way out is all that matters. What you need to remember is that yoga is a complete lifestyle. And the best part about yoga is that it still holds meditation principles, which will help you overcome stress and anxiety.
About The Author
James Crook – James is a passionate blogger who loves to write on health and fitness related topics. Currently, he is a working as a blogger for a telemedicine app ‘Mend Family’. James is also a contributor at BookYogaTeacherTraining.com.
7 Minute Mindfulness Meditation Practice:
- One of the excuses that I often hear the most when it comes to starting mindfulness meditation, is TIME. People show interest in starting meditation, but they have such busy schedules that they never end up making the time to practice.Therefore, I wanted to share a great SHORT programme that has proven perfect for beginner’s!For only 7 minutes of your time a day (coffee break? In bed before sleep? On the train commute?) you just plug in to one of the audio files of your choice and begin your meditation practice.What’s more, with the programme there are two additional freebies thrown in to help assist you on your beginner’s mindfulness meditation journey.Right now, you can get all of the following for a special early bird discounted price! You will receive;
- 1 x Book Of Mindfulness Exercises
- 1 x Seven Minute Mindfulness Guidebook
- 1 x Mindfulness Audio Programme (containing 9 x 7 minute audio files);
- Track 1: Mind Body Relaxation – Tune your mind into your body, and release the tension in both.
- Track 2: Declutter and Create Space – Declutter your busy mind and create space to bring out your best self.
- Track 3: Turn Anxiety into Love and Joy – Gain mental strength when anxiety takes over your mind.
- Track 4: A Boat Ride of Calm – Follow the story as your mind goes on a relaxing and invigorating journey.
- Track 5: Three Part Breathing – Experience the traditional 3-part Yoga breathing technique that transforms your mind and body.
- Track 6: Rejuvinate Your Mind – Release the tension in your mind and rejuvinate.
- Track 7: A Tranquil Journey – Listen, follow the story, and wake up feeling relaxed and refreshed 7 minutes later!
- Track 8: Find Your Calm – Find your calm place and take whatever you need from 7 minutes of peace.
- Track 9: Delta Sleep Audio – Trigger your natural deep sleep cycle and drift off into a calm and restful sleep.
Early bird discount offer: $17/£12 (Full price: $49/£35) when bought today. I will update the price for you when the deal is no longer available!
Purchase this amazing package deal and start your mindfulness meditation practice right away!
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest!
Connect with Vibrant Yogini
At Vibrant Yogini, we love to support new health and wellness bloggers.
If you have a passion for health and wellness and would love to share your views with our readers, then don’t hesitate to get in-touch!
If you would like the opportunity to write for Vibrant Yogini as a guest blogger, send an email to the following address with your idea/s and a link to any previous work you have produced:
Don’t forget to follow Vibrant Yogini on the following social media platforms:
Sign up to Vibrant Yogini and be kept in the loop with future news, blog posts, promotions and more:
Wishing you a healthy and happy life full of good nutrition,
P.S. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ~ Amit Ray