THE power of healing crystals works to release mental, physical and spiritual blockages, thus facilitating the free flow of energy throughout the body. On a cellular level, our bodies and quartz crystal are both made up of mineral silicon-dioxide. Because of this, we are naturally receptive to the vibrations of crystals as they transmit, reflect, store light and receive energy.
Crystals are used for healing and are penetrating the medical world as an alternative therapy treatment. They can be used to heal certain conditions and diseases, as well as reduce stress levels. In this article we will take a closer look at 6 of the top power stones for beginners, as well as how to use these crystals effectively.
This article will cover the following:
- The truth about healing crystals
- Healing crystals defined
- Healing crystals and their meanings
- Beginners Guide: How to use healing crystals
- Under your pillow
- In your water
- Inside your room
- Additional extras
The Truth About Healing Crystals
In our fast-paced world, we are more likely to suffer from severe stress levels.
Needless to say, stress is a damaging factor to optimum health. Research shows that stress levels can lead to an increase in weight, which hence leads to a myriad of problems;
- Stress is known to trigger a stress hormone that is often referred to as Cortisol.
- Cortisol has a direct influence on the production of insulin.
- This, then causes your blood sugar to drop significantly, leading to an increase in hunger.
- Moreover, cortisol increases the chances of cravings to occur.
- These are sure ingredients to weight gain and obesity.
- Additionally, obesity places an individual at the risk of developing certain cancers, diabetes type 2, as well as cardiovascular diseases.
One way of combating stress is taking part in an effective workout regime. Another way that is very effective, is the use of healing crystals. This, then begs the question, what are healing crystals?
Let us start by defining what they are…
Healing Crystals Defined
Crystals are used for healing and are penetrating the medical world as an alternative therapy treatment. They are believed to have healing properties. Hence, they can be used to heal certain conditions and diseases, as well as reduce stress levels.
Where do healing crystals originate from?
Crystal healing has been used for thousands of years by ancient civilisations. The exact use of such stones can be traced back a couple of thousand years. Originally used by Mesopotamians or Egyptians as a way of adornment, they later discovered their healing properties.
However, the use of these stones for their healing properties found their roots in China. According to ancient Chinese practices and culture, the crystal stones draw their healing properties from life-energy. According to Chinese medicine, life energy or qi, is where healing stones get their power. This is what most people refer to as stone energy.
Healing Crystals and Their Meanings
There are different types of crystals that you can use. They each help to achieve one common goal: healing an individual physically, mentally and emotionally.
However, it is important to note that each type of crystal, helps to achieve a particular function.
Let’s take a look at some of the stones and their functions
Power stone 1: Turquoise
Turquoise is known for its amazing healing properties. Its stone energy and the properties that it holds mainly deal with healing. All you need is one or two of this precious stone, and you’ll be on your way to a quick recovery.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B003TT8I4Y” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”vibrantyogini-20″]
Power stone 2: Citrine
The energy from this stone is extremely beneficial for cognitive function. Citrine is known for cognitive enhancement, improving memory and concentration. Using this stone over time will also help prevent dementia and Alzheimers.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B0054GWLHU” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”vibrantyogini-20″]
Power stone 3: Opal
Feeling a bit low on creativity? Then grab a couple of opal crystals to help increase your creative juices. These stones are especially beneficial to women, as they contain healing properties specific to women. They can help decrease pre and post menstrual pain and symptoms.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B000VZP2MA” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”vibrantyogini-20″]
Power stone 4: Amethyst
This type of stone is also known as the stone of sobriety, and rightly so. Other than the fact that it helps relieve stress, it has been used for breaking various types of addictions. From drug to relationship addictions, you can count on this crystal to help fix that.
The stone energy released from this stone is often positive. This, then, helps create a positive effect on the user.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B0054GXXJK” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”vibrantyogini-20″]
Power stone 5: Aquamarine
Aquamarine is known for its beautiful blue color. Moreover, it is also very famous among the metaphysicians for its connection with flowing water. Also known as the Stone of Courage and Protection, it has been known to help dispel certain fears. Most noteworthy, it is known for its protective powers.
Many people, especially sailors, would use it for safe sailing and protection. In other words, it was used as a good luck charm. Its stone energy also helps heal certain physical ailments such as diseases of the liver.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B00LTYUS58″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”vibrantyogini-20″]
Power stone 6: Quartz
If you are new to this, your best bet is purchasing a quartz healing crystal. They are known for their powerful healing properties physically, mentally and emotionally. Its stone energy is known to absorb any negative vibes, to enhance a person’s mood.
It goes without saying, that this can help decrease your stress levels considerably. They are extremely beneficial in difficult situation to help reduce anxiety.
Of course, there are more healing crystals than the above-mentioned ones. There are plenty more that still exhibit the same powerful healing properties.
If you are new to using crystals, it is important to know that there are particular ways of using them. For one, there are certain places to keep and place them in your home. This helps you gain the best results from your healing crystals.
Let’s take a look at a few tips on where to place them. These tips are great for beginners too!
How to Use Healing Crystals
Using crystals appropriately, and placing them in the right places, helps us to achieve a balance of energy. This, then, helps us to achieve optimum results when incorporating crystals into our everyday lifestyle.
1) Under Your Pillow
The most powerful crystals to use:
- Amethyst will help to increase the number of dreams we have, as well as helping us to remember our dreams.
- Quartz Crystal helps to ensure pleasant dreams are had while we are asleep. Clear quartz will help
- If you or your family member suffers from constant nightmares, Amethyst crystals are very effective.
- Selenite is one of the best crystals for insomnia because it actively helps to battle it.
- Quartz Crystal is an energizing and activating gemstone that works to magnify the properties of any crystals touching it. For example, it will magnify the healing energies of the Amethyst and Selenite in the crystal bag.
- Selenite surrounds your body with protective energy while you are sleeping, cleansing and rejuvenating your aura while you are asleep so you awaken feeling rested and refreshed. Selenite is actually one of the crystals that is recommend for everyone to have in their home because it carries such a high vibration. The selenite in the bag will also work to constantly cleanse and reactivate the crystals that are touching it, keeping them energized and free of negative energy.
- Deep purple amethyst can facilitate out-of-body experiences and lucid dreaming.
How to use:
- Before you go to sleep, hold your quartz crystals in your hand and think about any problems that you may have.
- When you fall asleep with the crystals under your pillow, the quartz will help your mind work through any issues while you are asleep.
- Place your chosen healing stones under your pillow.
- Since Selenite is one of the best crystals to help you sleep, we also recommend that you place a selenite cleansing stone (or a few!) under your pillow too.
2) Place Them In Your Water
The most powerful crystals to use:
- Amethyst, fluorite and citrine.
- Healing crystals are known for their purifying properties. Just simply placing them in your water, can cleanse your water, making it safe to drink.
- Placing crystals in your water will help you get the best out of their healing properties as well.
- Your immune system will be strengthened considerably. This, in turn, will strengthen your body, protecting you from certain illnesses and diseases.
How to use:
- Place the stones in your drinking water for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3) In The Bedroom
The most powerful crystals to use:
- Quartz stones can help improve marital intimacy.
- If you are experiencing relationship problems, these stones should help repair it. Your relationship will grow into something healthier and more stable.
- Choose stones for your child’s room that can help improve their concentration and creativity, such as opal and citrine.
How to use:
- Place the stones on a desk in your room, under the pillows and even on the window panes.
Further Suggested Reading
If you enjoyed reading this post, I recommend reading this book to learn more about the chakras and how you can balance, align and nurture them -whether you are a beginner or already an established energy healer.
Click here to read the 5 star customer reviews or to purchase the book.
You can expect to learn;
- A clear overview of each chakra.
- Real-life signs spelling out whether the chakra is healthy or not.
- A checklist to help you diagnose whether the chakra could use healing.
- 70+ activities to support the chakra.
- Concepts about energy, energy healing and chakras, two chakra meditations and a hands-on technique for balancing all seven chakras, and five helpful appendices explaining how to do foundational energy healing techniques.
Book 2: “The Crystal Bible Volume 3”
Not only my humble opinion, but also the best-selling crystal directory book available worldwide, with more than 1 million copies sold, is;
I bought the hardback version of this book when I first started learning about crystals and it has been such a useful reference guide since.
Although there is a kindle version, I personally always recommend going for the paper back version when purchasing a book that is to be used as a reference guide. This makes it much easier for you to flick back and forth and mark certain places – just like I have done with mine!
The size is small (5.8 x 1.1 x 6.8 inches), so it fits perfectly on a desk, in your handbag and even in your hands easily when reading.
Click here to purchase the book or read the 5-star reviews from other happy readers!
The Crystal Bible highlights:
- Contains more than 250 new generation, high-vibration stones for healing and transformation.
- Included are many new and rare minerals whose esoteric properties are not described elsewhere.
- Unlike volume 1 and 2, this book also includes a section on crystal skulls, crystal beings, Madagascan stones, and how to work with the ‘new’ chakras, such as the Soul Star and Manifestation chakras, that are stimulated by the powerful crystals featured.
Audio Crystal Therapy Downloads
If you haven’t yet ordered any chakra crystals, or you are waiting for them to arrive in the post, then in the mean time you can use sound vibrations to replicate the healing power of crystals.
Using Advanced scientific techniques have been used to identify and recreate the exact frequencies that each crystal uses to help heal the body.
Listening to the correct audible and sub audible frequencies whilst relaxing can recreate the healing power of crystals through these sound frequencies.
No physical crystals or minerals are required for the sound vibration technique to work on healing the chakras, but I think it is great to use both the sound frequencies and chakra crystals together during your energy healing practice.
For a full set of 34 crystal healing audio downloads it is currently being offered at: $27 USD / £20 GBP (RRP approx: $50 USD / £37 GBP)
Connect with Vibrant Yogini
Do you have any healing crystals in your home? I would love to see! Tag @vibrant_yogini on Instagram in your healing crystal pics.
- What’s your favourite healing crystal?
- Is there a healing crystal you would love to have after reading this article?
Don’t forget to leave your feedback and opinions in the comments below.
Or, alternatively, you can send an email to the following address:
Follow Vibrant Yogini on the following social media platforms:
Sign up to Vibrant Yogini and be kept in the loop with future news, blog posts, promotions and more:
Wishing you a healthy and magical day,
P.S. “Never allow your ego to diminish your ability to listen.”
* Disclaimer: In order to keep the Vibrant Yogini content free, some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to click through and purchase the products I have recommended.