10 Beginner-Friendly Feng Shui Tips For Your Home
Feng Shui, pronounced as “fung shway” is a Chinese practice that ensures the home environment is neatly organised, warm, and full of promise. According to feng shui, all objects possess energy which is known as ‘chi.’ The chi is responsible for bringing good fortune, health, success, opportunities, and happiness to a home. Learn more about the health benefits of a Zen home.
Feng Shui further holds that the design and arrangement of a person’s living space often reflects their life and can increase happiness and productivity.
The key is to create a positive environment and create uplifting energy that will make your home burst forth with life. No wonder this style of interior design is becoming increasingly popular!
This article will help you understand how to apply Feng Shui within your home. All you have to do is follow the ten important and beginner friendly steps in the rest of this article, and you can start creating a beautiful aura to live and bloom in!
The 10 Feng Shui tips for your home!
Using zen decor within your home is part of feng shui. It provides a vast array of health benefits. Click here to find out how feng shui improves your health.
Feng Shui Tip 1: Keep the front door open
The front door is the gate with which chi enters the home. Therefore, it should be kept open during the day.
When the front door is open, there is free flow of positive energy into the house. On the contrary, a closed door impedes energy flow.
As the front door is open, try placing a red flower near the door. In feng shui, such an action brings energy, luck, and wealth into the home.
Feng Shui Tip 2: Use mirrors wisely
Mirrors reflect energy within the house. As such, place a mirror in a position where much energy is needed.
The best feng chui practice is that the mirror should always reflect something beautiful.
In the bedroom, the mirror will radiate good energy required for enjoyable sex. However, it will also deter you from having peaceful sleep. Therefore, be careful about the use of mirrors in the bedroom.
Feng Shui Tip 3: Clear the clutter in and around the home
There is a feng shui proverb that says a cluttered house results into a cluttered mind. I guess it exudes the same meaning as the common proverb “Cleanliness is next to godliness.”
Subsequently, one should arrange to clean the house and take away litter as often as possible. Doing so improves the ambience of the home.
Clearing the clutter also leads to clarity of mind as well as a healthy body.
Feng Shui Tip 4: Be careful about where you place family photos
All of us love our family photos. They carry lots of memories for the good times that we share. It is therefore, not a surprise to find the photos hanged all over the home.
Family photos are great when they are placed in the living room, corridors, and dining room among other places. However, in feng shui, they are forbidden inside the master bedroom.
The bedroom is a sacred place for both you and your spouse. Only photos of the both of you may be hanged in the bedroom.
Placing the photos of children, friends, and family relations in the bedroom draws your attention to your responsibilities. Hence, your cherished restful moments may be interrupted.
Feng Shui Tip 5: Bring nature into the home
Nature always provides the aspect of serenity and peace to your home. It makes you and family less anxious and less angry.
Enhance an excellent feng shui room by opening windows to let in fresh air. Also, open the curtains to bring in natural light.
Nature can also be brought into the home by having live plants in the house. Besides, adorning paintings of nature on the walls also tactfully brings nature to the home.
Feng Shui Tip 6: Preserve the presence of chi
The chi inside the house may be released out of the house. It is therefore important to know how to prevent runaway chi.
You do so by ensuring the back door is closed or has a curtain to obstruct the exit of chi. In any case the front and back door are directly across each other, there’s need to place decorative objects in their path.
Instead of the decorative objects, one can also place furniture in the path to preserve the presence of chi within the home.
Feng Shui Tip 7: Balance the 5 elements
The five elements of feng shui are water, earth, fire, wood, and metal. The feng shui rule is that all the five elements should be represented in every room.
You can do so by either having decorative objects made of these materials such as stone pebbles, flower vase, and a candle. Ensure that the candle is non-toxic.
Alternatively, represent the elements by colors that symbolize them. Black denotes water, green represents wood, white is for metal, red stands for fire, and yellow, tan, or brown are symbols of earth.
Balancing the five elements within each room ensures that you live a balanced life.
Feng Shui Tip 8: Encourage warmth and calm in the bedroom
In feng shui, the Chinese believe that the bedroom is amongst the most important rooms in the house. It is considered a place of rest, peace, restoration, and dreaming.
You also enjoy love and warmth in the bedroom. Hence, the bedroom needs to have a calm, exciting, inviting, and vibrant atmosphere. Make it heavenly, so that you can easily get lost in your dreams and enjoy perfect rest.
To promote this peaceful environment, use fluffy pillows and sensual fabrics. The best colors for bedroom feng shui are pale white and chocolate brown.
Keep the room properly ventilated by opening the windows. Additionally, use both the natural and artificial lighting to brighten the room’s tone.
A perfect feng shui bedroom must show intentions of cultivating love, healing, and relaxation.
Feng Shui Tip 9: Keep the bathroom door closed
In feng shui, the chi in the home should not be allowed to get to the bathroom. The Chinese believe that doing so leads to the “flushing” away of the positive energy within the home.
Therefore, a feng shui bathroom must have the bathroom and toilet doors closed. They should be well ventilated and receive adequate sunlight. You can use air fresheners to keep the air in the bathroom fresh.
Besides, place mirrors in the bathroom. They will help in reflecting back chi to its source. If there are any torn curtains in the bathroom, replace them with new ones.
Feng Shui Tip 10: Living plants are a treasure in the home
A shocking reality is that living plants dispense their own chi. They also attract chi to themselves. Placing the plants in different rooms of the house has varied effects.
Having live plants in the dining room will draw abundance to the home. Growing plants in the family room brings about good networks, good health, and a wholesome life.
In the kitchen, the plants should be placed in between the hot and cold appliances as they will generate a balancing effect.
Get Organised, Get Happy e-Book
The e-book discusses the following topics:
- How to de-stress, so you feel good, and make a plan in the midst of chaos
- Where to start-what to do- what Not to do. All your questions and more covered in this all-in-one- guide
- How to see your clutter, make quick decisions and easily get rid of it
- Awesome practical strategies for pain free decluttering at your fingertips
- 5 No Fail Organizing Keys for the chronically organized
- Easy tips to keep simplifying, decluttering and organizing in minutes everyday
- What to do when you have a messy house and you want to get organized immediately
- The 3 step strategy when organizing kids, their rooms and their belongings
- The 3 costly mistakes everyone with clutter makes
Plus, if you purchase the e-book today, you will also receive the following FREE bonuses:
- 14 x BluePrint Planners – so you can follow the re-imagine, re-think, re-do, re-style and reward strategy.
- How to make Cash from your Clutter e-book
- 26 x Home Binder Templates – to use for chores, cleaning, cleaning schedules, school information, grocery shopping and more!
Today’s price: $47 USD / £35 GBP (RRP: $137 USD / £103 GBP – I will update the price when this offer is no longer available)
You are also secured by a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked if you are not satisfied with the product.
The Ultimate Online Reiki Package is a 100% digital online course that you can access any time from any device.
Gain immediate access after you sign up.
You will receive:
- Unlimited access to the online video webcast which guides you through the complete Reiki Master Self-Attunement Ceremony, so you just can’t go wrong.
- Unlimited access to the monthly Reiki Master Distance Attunement Ceremony which absolutely guarantees you’ll be fully attuned as a Chikara-Reiki-Do, Usui and Tibetan Reiki Master, because you and I do it together.
- An online copy of the bestselling 173 page e-book, Radical Reiki – Radical Life, which tells you, in great detail, everything you need to know about Reiki, self-attuning and how your life actually works.
- Two videos showing you exactly how to carry out the Chikara-Reiki-Do and Usui Reiki Master Attunement Ceremonies for others, so you’ll know exactly what to do to bring many more, much needed, Reiki Masters into the world today.
- Three professional, downloadable Reiki manuals (Reiki 1, Reiki 2 and Reiki Master) for you to print out and keep for yourself and/or give to your students.
- All certificates for you and all your students prepared by us, so you don’t have the fuss and bother of producing your own.
- 90 days back up and support to help you become the most powerful Reiki Master you could ever dream of becoming.
Today’s price: $97 USD / £70 GBP (I will update the price when this offer is no longer available)
Connect with Vibrant Yogini
Do you use feng shui within your home? I would love to see! Tag @vibrant_yogini on Instagram in your home feng shui pics.
- What’s your favourite wellness decor item?
- Is there a wellness item you would love to have after reading this article?
Don’t forget to leave your feedback and opinions in the comments below.
Or, alternatively, you can send an email to the following address:
Sign up to Vibrant Yogini and be kept in the loop with future news, blog posts, promotions and more:
Wishing you a positive life full of good vibes,
P.S. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” ~ Audrey Hepburn