[rt_reading_time label=”Reading Time:” postfix=”minutes” postfix_singular=”minute”]
PRACTICING yoga daily is good for your health, and it delivers many benefits to your body. It is important to sacrifice a few minutes to include yoga in our daily lives. Yoga has transformational benefits and powers in our body, and consistent practice will improve the quality of life and overall health. It is a practice that provides support, stillness, happiness, encouragement, bliss, insight and helps to destroy stored emotions.
In this article, I will be discussing some of the key benefits of practicing yoga on the body.
This article will cover the following:
- What Happens to Your Body When You Start Doing Yoga?
- Reduce Stress Levels
- Increased Energy Levels
- Weight Loss
- Improved Concentration and Clear Thinking
- Improve Muscle Posture, Strength and Flexibility
- Balance Your Hormones
- Increase Confidence Levels
- Further Reading
- Additional Extras
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest!
What Happens to Your Body When You Start Doing Yoga?
1. Reduce Stress Levels
Yoga helps the body to relax and lowers stress levels. It provides three important elements; meditation, breathing and poses, which will help to regulate your heart rate variability and lower stress levels.
Lowering the heart rate will make your body calm, and you will be able to respond to stress positively. Yoga will help to prevent insomnia, thus relieving your body from stress that keeps you awake at night. Managing stress will help to improve your overall health and lower the risk of any disease.
2. Weight Loss
There are numerous benefits of yoga for weight loss. Daily practice of yoga will make you lose weight faster and be able to maintain your desired weight. Unlike other practices, yoga will help you to lose weight naturally and managing the new weight becomes very easy.
It will fuel your metabolic system, which will promote increased fat burning and result in massive weight loss. Daily practice will promote hormonal balance, thus making it easier for you to maintain a healthy body weight.
Yoga will have an influence on your body’s cortisol levels, helping to regulate the blood glucose levels and reducing stress. This will help to suppress appetite and prevent emotional eating that leads to weight gain. Yoga will also make your body stay active and curb some cravings, thus promoting a healthy weight loss. Some of the poses will make you achieve your fitness goals faster.
3. Increased Energy Levels
Practicing yoga daily for few minutes will provide an energy boost and make your body feel healthy and strong. It will keep your life busy and make you feel fresh and stronger. Different poses will allow for equal distribution of energy throughout the body. Regular practice will provide the energy needed to run daily activities, and you will get your things done without feeling exhausted.
4. Improved Concentration and Clear Thinking
Yoga poses will help you in concentrating on how you breathe. Through observing your breath, it provides a relaxation mood and helps to calm your body and mind. This will provide the mental stability that will help to collect more information and improve memory.
Taking few minutes of your time in the morning will better your concentration and you will be able to carry out your daily activities. It reduces physical tension and mental stress, thus improving memory recall and giving you organized thoughts. Regular yoga practice will improve cognitive functions and give a clear and fresh mind. It also sharpens mental focus and enables you to think sharper.
Yoga promotes improved flow of blood and oxygen to the body, which promotes elimination of wastes and other by-products from the body. Certain poses will apply stimulation and gentle pressure to the digestive organs, liver and kidneys, thus improving the body detoxification process. Regular yoga will promote self-cleaning of the body, thus making you feel fresh and stay healthy.
6. Improve Muscle Posture, Strength and Flexibility
Yoga will help to stretch your body and you will get toned and attractive muscles. Daily and regular practice will strengthen your abs, shoulders, legs and arms. The best thing with the yoga is that you don’t need to be super flexible and you can practice it at your own level of abilities and still reap similar benefits. Yoga poses will strengthen your muscles and you will become more confident. It will also make you more flexible and reduce joint stiffness.
7. Balance Your Hormones
Yoga will bring your entire body system to equilibrium and allow proper functioning of body processes. It targets the functioning of endocrine system glands, whose job in the body is secretion of hormones.
Daily practice will nourish the endocrine glands both energetically and physically. Certain yoga poses provides a rejuvenating and soothing effect on your adrenal glands. It also provides a healing effect and control production of cortisol hormone that is responsible in lowering stress levels.
8. Increased Confidence Levels
By practicing yoga, it will help you to build self-confidence and you will appear more naturally composed. It promotes development of external and internal qualities such as focus, balance and strength. Finally, it also makes you energetic and you will confidently face your daily activities.
Yoga poses consume only a few minutes of our time, yet many people do not find the need to practice it. However, it is an essential part of a fitness routine, and it will help to reap you more benefits that help to improve your overall wellness. You can choose the convenient time for yoga according to your schedule, and daily practice will have a great impact on your life.
Regular yoga practice has numerous health benefits as it will help you lose weight, reduce stress levels, increase confidence, provide an energy boost and increase muscle strength. Therefore, it is important to sacrifice your time and ensure that you have practiced yoga daily. You can choose the best pose to suit your needs.
There are many yoga poses, and you should select the one that you are comfortable with. Yoga can be done at your own comfort and at your own convenient time. However, some of the yoga poses need supervision from a yoga expert. This is to ensure that you are safe when practicing yoga thus avoiding injuries. It also ensures you reap full benefits of yoga.
7 Minute Mindfulness Meditation Practice:
- One of the excuses that I often hear the most when it comes to starting mindfulness meditation, is TIME. People show interest in starting meditation, but they have such busy schedules that they never end up making the time to practice.Therefore, I wanted to share a great SHORT programme that has proven perfect for beginner’s!For only 7 minutes of your time a day (coffee break? In bed before sleep? On the train commute?) you just plug in to one of the audio files of your choice and begin your meditation practice.What’s more, with the programme there are two additional freebies thrown in to help assist you on your beginner’s mindfulness meditation journey.Right now, you can get all of the following for a special early bird discounted price! You will receive;
- 1 x Book Of Mindfulness Exercises
- 1 x Seven Minute Mindfulness Guidebook
- 1 x Mindfulness Audio Programme (containing 9 x 7 minute audio files);
- Track 1: Mind Body Relaxation – Tune your mind into your body, and release the tension in both.
- Track 2: Declutter and Create Space – Declutter your busy mind and create space to bring out your best self.
- Track 3: Turn Anxiety into Love and Joy – Gain mental strength when anxiety takes over your mind.
- Track 4: A Boat Ride of Calm – Follow the story as your mind goes on a relaxing and invigorating journey.
- Track 5: Three Part Breathing – Experience the traditional 3-part Yoga breathing technique that transforms your mind and body.
- Track 6: Rejuvinate Your Mind – Release the tension in your mind and rejuvinate.
- Track 7: A Tranquil Journey – Listen, follow the story, and wake up feeling relaxed and refreshed 7 minutes later!
- Track 8: Find Your Calm – Find your calm place and take whatever you need from 7 minutes of peace.
- Track 9: Delta Sleep Audio – Trigger your natural deep sleep cycle and drift off into a calm and restful sleep.
Early bird discount offer: $17/£12 (Full price: $49/£35) when bought today. I will update the price for you when the deal is no longer available!
Purchase this amazing package deal and start your mindfulness meditation practice right away!
Find your perfect yoga retreat;
Why not spend your next vacation experiencing a yoga retreat? There are so many to choose from!
Whether you prefer mixing it with a bit of surfing in Costa Rica, or your would like to visit the worlds heart of yoga in Rishikish, India.
Perhaps you are in need of a refreshing detox retreat, or simply a relaxing and luxurious stay in paradise which offers you spa treatments, sightseeing tours and daily yoga classes.
You are sure to find one that suits your needs perfectly!
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest!
Connect with Vibrant Yogini
At Vibrant Yogini, we love to support new health and wellness bloggers.
If you have a passion for health and wellness and would love to share your views with our readers, then don’t hesitate to get in-touch!
If you would like the opportunity to write for Vibrant Yogini as a guest blogger, send an email to the following address with your idea/s and a link to any previous work you have produced:
Don’t forget to follow Vibrant Yogini on the following social media platforms:
Sign up to Vibrant Yogini and be kept in the loop with future news, blog posts, promotions and more:
Wishing you a healthy and happy life full of good nutrition,
P.S. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ~ Amit Ray